To compute any charge on a fractional thousand dollars of liability, consider any fraction of $1,000 as a full $1,000. All charges shall be rounded out to the nearest full dollar.
Every effort is being made to make this calculator accurate as of the changes beginning 1 January 2012 but no warranty is given regarding complete accuracy. If you find an error, please contact us.
EXPLANATION OF RATES
- Owners Policies are issued for the full value of the property including encumberances.
- Loan Policies are issued for not less than the amount of the loan.
- A commitment to insure is issued for $100.00.
- OWNER’S POLICY REISSUE RATES. If property has been previously insured under an owner’s or leasehold owner’s policy, the reissue schedule is:
AGE OF PREVIOUS OWNER’S/
LEASEHOLD OWNER’S POLICY
BASIC PREMIUM RATES
1 year or less 75% More than 1 year but less than 2 years 80% 2 years or more but less than 3 years 85% 3 years or more 90%
If more insurance is desired or required under the reissue policy than was written in the original policy, the addtional coverage is computed at the Basic Premium Rate in the applicable bracket or brackets.
- The rate for a loan policy simultaneously issued with an owner’s policy will be $30.00 provided the amount of insurance in the loan policy does not exceed the owner’s policy liability amount.
- Construction Loan Policies are issued for $30.00 plus $1.00 per thousand of liability.
- For rates on Substition Loans (Refinance), Second Mortgages or Subsequent Issues please contact us.